Coconut Mahi-Mahi in Thai Curry Sauce
This gluten-free recipe is courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
7 ounces shredded coconut
1/2 cup rice flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup water
4 (8-ounce) Florida Mahi-Mahi fillets
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon red Thai curry (check the label for allergy information)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
2 leaves fresh basil finely chopped
Steamed jasmine rice for accompaniment
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut and 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- In another bowl, make an egg wash with eggs and water.
- Coat fillets in the remaining 1/4 cup of rice flour; dip fillets into egg wash and finish breading with coconut/flour mixture.
- Sauté fillets in oil over medium-high heat until fork tender, browning both sides. Remove fillets and set aside. In same pan, add the Thai curry, coconut milk and honey. Simmer over high heat until volume is reduced by 1/4. Add basil to taste.
- Return fillets to pan and spoon curry sauce over. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 631; Calories From Fat: 410; Total Fat: 46g; Saturated Fat: 30g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Protein: 9g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.