Tuna steaks go well in any setting, but
combined with black beans, avocado and jalapeño they become
Grilled Tuna Tacos
1 tomato, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds (1 1/2-inch) thick tuna steaks
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 corn tortillas
1 avocado, diced
- Heat grill.
- In a bowl combine tomato, onion, jalapeno,
lime and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush tuna with oil. Grill fish about
5 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork or until
fish reaches desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Heat beans in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a paper towel
and microwave for 30 seconds, or place on grill 15 seconds per
- Cut tuna into 1-inch chunks.
- In a bowl combine tuna with tomato mixture
and avocado sprinkled with any remaining lime juice. Layer each
warm tortilla with 1/4 cup black beans and a portion of tuna
Makes 8 servings.