Stuff your holiday turkey
with this tasty traditional bread stuffing seasoned with cooked
and crumbled turkey sausage, apple and onion.
Sausage and Apple
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White® Sweet Italian
1 onion, diced
3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
2 (6 to 8-ounce) packages bread stuffing mix
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat. Add sausage and cook until evenly browned. Remove sausage
and return pan to heat.
- Add onions and apples; cook until lightly
- Add apples and onions to stuffing and
prepare according to package instructions (using chicken broth
and melted butter). Add cooked sausage to the stuffing; mix well.
- Place in a buttered casserole dish and
bake until golden brown and crisp.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used