Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
to Carve a Turkey with Video Instructions
- After roasting, cover the turkey
with foil and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the bird to your largest
- With a sharp, thin-bladed carving
knife, find the place where the thighbone meets the body. By
cutting between the joints, and not through bones, you can disconnect
the bones without much fuss.
- Pull the thigh away from the
bird and slip your knife into the joint to separate the thigh
- Wiggle the drumstick to locate
the joint that separates the drumstick from the thigh. Using
the same technique, cut through the joint, not the bone.
- Next use your knife to find
where the wing and body connect. Slip your knife into the joint
to separate wing from body on each side.
- Now remove the breast, by cutting
down the center of the bird on one side of the bone and the breast
will come off in one piece.
- Carve the breast into thin slices.
- Repeat with the other side of
- After your turkey is carved
arrange the pieces on a platter and serve.
Video and instructions provided
courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv.
Video Tips Index