Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
An elegant, yet easy entrée that
will make any occasion special.
Oatmeal Nut Crusted
with Mushroom Cranberry Sauce
- 1 package Honeysuckle White Turkey Breast
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 large egg whites
- Mushroom Cranberry Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (10-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dried cranberries
1 rib celery, diced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place oats and walnuts in food processor;
pulse until finely chopped.
- Add salt, black pepper and ginger; pulse
two more times to mix well.
- Remove from food processor; place in pie
- Place egg whites in another pie plate.
- Dip turkey in egg, then in oat mixture.
- Place turkey on baking sheet a few inches
apart, rounded side up.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal
temperature reaches 170°F (80°C). Remove from oven; let
cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice turkey about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place 4 to 5 slices on a plate in a fan
shape; top with Mushroom Cranberry Sauce and serve.
- For Mushroom Cranberry Sauce: Heat oil
in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms until browned, about 3
- Add cranberries and celery.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir well.
- Add broth; cook 3 minutes until sauce
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.