Marinated strips of beef are threaded onto
skewers and grilled to perfection. Serve them with a dipping
sauce like Thai
Hot and Sweet Dipping Sauce or Asian
Peanut Dipping Sauce.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
Asian Marinated Beef
Strips on a Skewer
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger root
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30
- Trim excess fat from steak; slice steak
diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- Combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients
in a glass dish; add steak strips, and toss to coat. Cover and
marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove steak strips from marinade, reserving
marinade.Thread steak strips onto prepared skewers.
- Grill, uncovered over medium-hot coals
(350°F to 400°F | 175°C to 205°C) 8 to 9 minutes
or until desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with
reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4
of recipe): 368.7 calories; 46% calories from fat; 18.6g total
fat; 112.3mg cholesterol; 1283.7mg sodium; 681.9mg potassium;
9.9g carbohydrates; 0.6g fiber; 7.1g sugar; 9.2g net carbs; 38.7g