7 Layer Fiesta Dip
This festive party dip with seven yummy layers can make any occasion a fiesta!
2 (8-ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (your favorite brand)
2 cups prepared guacamole (preferably make your own, or use ready-made)
2 cups chunky tomato-based salsa
2 cups shredded green leaf or iceberg lettuce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped green onions
2 (2-ounce) cans sliced black olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and seasoning mix. Spread mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish.
- Top the seasoned cream cheese with the guacamole, salsa, lettuce, cheese, onions and olives in layers. Sprinkle the top layer with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately accompanied with tortilla or corn chips.
- Refrigerate any remaining dip.
Makes 20 servings.
- Add 1 (15 to 16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed, atop the salsa layer.
- If you like, reduce the recipe ingredients by half and use a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish for a smaller party.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (approximately 1/4 cup): 122.9 calories; 72% calories from fat; 10.2g total fat; 19.5mg cholesterol; 229.4mg sodium; 188.3mg potassium; 3.8g carbohydrates; 1.0g fiber; 0.4g sugar; 2.8g net carbs; 5.0g protein.