Appetizer Shrimp Puffs
These appetizers are tasty and perfect to be displayed on a buffet table. An assortment of fabulous ingredients make each puff a hit.
Recipe Ingredients:6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped shrimp
1/4 cup sliced green onion
5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
- Melt butter in a saucepan with water. Bring to a full boil over medium heat. Immediately stir in flour and garlic salt all at once. Stir vigorously until the dough forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in cooked, chopped shrimp, sliced green onions, and 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Drop by spoonfuls about 2-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Makes 24 appetizers.