Artichoke Monterey Dip with Taco Pita Chips
A delicious creamy dip with chopped artichoke hearts and Monterey Jack cheese is served with crisp, homemade taco-flavored pita chips.
Taco Pita Chips:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
3 (6-inch) pita breads
Artichoke Monterey Dip:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Few drops red hot sauce
2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided use
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
2 medium green onions, sliced
- For Pita Chips: Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine melted butter and taco seasoning mix in small bowl.
- Brush both sides of each pita with butter mixture; Cut each pita into wedges and place them so they are not touching on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes; turn each wedge over and continue baking for 3 to 5 minutes or until pita wedges are golden brown and crisp.
- For Artichoke Monterey Dip: Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic salt and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing well. Stir in 2 cups cheese and the drained and chopped artichoke hearts. Spread mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with tomato, green onions and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips.
Makes 12 servings.