Artisanal Cheese Plate with Wild Plum Butter
Artisan cheeses served with a simple homemade wild plum butter. Recipe by Chef Nathan Berg.
Recipe Ingredients:2 cups wild or cultivated red plums, halved and pitted
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Wisconsin Artisan Cheese
- Place plums and water in medium saucepan. Cover, bring to boil and simmer at boil until plums are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place cooked plums in food processor and purée.
- Return to saucepan. Add sugar to pan and boil mixture over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool butter to room temperature.
- Refrigerate. Plum butter will keep refrigerated for two weeks.
- Serve Plum butter with a selection of Wisconsin Artisan Cheeses such as Saxony, Aged Gouda, Uplands Cheese Pleasant Ridge Reserve and Wisconsin Blue Cheese.
Makes 2 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.