Artisan Cheeses with Black Walnut Fig Granola
Serve this flavorful granola as an accompaniment with artisan and specialty cheeses. Recipe by Chef Jason Gorman.
Cheeses in photograph are Wisconsin's Black River Gorgonzola, Otter Creek Cheddar, Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar Cheese.
Recipe Ingredients:2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup black walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup walnut oil
Assorted Wisconsin Artisan Cheeses
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line sheet pan with sides with parchment paper. Stir together rolled oats, coconut, nuts, figs and sesame seeds. In separate bowl, combine honey and oil; whisk to combine. Pour over oat mixture; mix well. Spread evenly on prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes; stir. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Turn mixture onto large piece of foil; pat flat. Cool and break into chunks.
- Store at room temperature in tightly sealed containers or bags for up to 2 weeks. May also be stored longer in freezer.
Makes 6 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.