Asiago Pepper Shrimp
Sure to be a party favorite, your guests will love these crispy broiled, bacon-wrapped asiago cheese and jalapeño-stuffed shrimp.
24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces Asiago cheese
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño pepper
12 slices bacon
- Wash the shrimp and pat them dry. Butterfly shrimp by cutting lengthwise along the back—don't cut all the way through, leaving the tail section intact.
- Grate the cheese and mix with jalapeño pepper.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half.
- Fill the open section of each shrimp with about 1 teaspoon cheese mix. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place shrimp on a broiler pan and broil until bacon is crisp. Turn the shrimp and broil until bacon is done.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 237; Calories From Fat: 157; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 88mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Protein: 19g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.