Baked Brie with Cherries & Nuts
Start your holiday festivities with a French-inspired baked Brie appetizer.
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 small wheel (8 ounces) Brie cheese
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries (about 12 cherries)
2 tablespoons apricot jam
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Coarsely chop nuts and place half the nuts on the baking sheet, shaping them into a circle the size of the "rie Reserve remaining nuts.
- Remove wrapping from Brie With a sharp knife split Brie in half horizontally.
- Mix together the cherries and jam, spread the mixture on the bottom half of the Brie and then sandwich Brie pieces back together, pressing well.
- Whisk the egg in another shallow bowl. Dip the Brie on all sides into the egg mixture. Then press egg-dipped Brie into the nuts on the baking sheet.
- Cover the top of the Brie with remaining nuts, pressing nuts into Brie to adhere.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nuts are toasty and cheese is soft.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe created by the Kathy Casey Food Studios for the National Sweet Cherries Foundation.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of NationalCherries.com, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.