Baked Brie with Curried California Walnuts
The rich, nutty flavor of California Walnuts complements the velvety texture of the Brie. Serve with crackers and fruit such as crisp apples and grapes.
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1/2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
1/3 cup diced red pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1/2 cup coarsely chopped California Walnuts
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 rounds Brie cheese
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and curry powder. Add red pepper and onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes; stir in walnuts, cooking 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; season with salt and pepper.
- In oven-proof serving dish, place Brie.
- Cut thin slice from top to remove rind, if desired.
- Divide walnut mixture evenly and place on top of rounds.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven 10 minutes or until cheese just starts to melt.
Makes 2 rounds.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy California Walnuts.