Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip
Love poppers? Then this warm jalapeño, cheddar and cream cheese dip, topped with crispy panko bread crumbs, is a must-try!
6 jalapeños - divided use
8 ounces (about 1 cup) Wisconsin mascarpone cheese
1 (8-ounce) package Wisconsin cream cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice one jalapeño into thin rounds for garnish; set aside. Seed and finely dice remaining jalapenos.*
- In large bowl, combine Mascarpone, cream cheese, cheddar, garlic powder and diced jalapenos. Spread mixture on bottom of 1-quart baking dish.
- In separate bowl, combine Parmesan, panko bread crumbs and melted butter; mix to combine. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the dip. Top with reserved jalapeño slices.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until dip is bubbly. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe by Jennifer Farley of SavorySimple.net.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.