This elegant brie torte appetizer offers a creamy center filling of butter, dried tart cherries and finely chopped pecans seasoned with thyme.
1 (15 to 16-ounce) wheel Brie
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup chopped dried tart cherries
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme)
- Refrigerate Brie until chilled and firm; or freeze 30 minutes, or until firm. Cut Brie in half horizontally.
- Combine butter, cherries, pecans and thyme in a small bowl; mix well.
- Evenly spread mixture on cut-side of one piece of the Brie. Top with the other piece, cut-side down. Lightly press together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve, cut into serving size wedges and bring to room temperature.
- Serve with crackers.
Makes about 20 appetizer servings.
Tip: If wrapped securely in plastic wrap, this appetizer will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.