Buffalo Shrimp with Gorgonzola Dip
Shrimp take on wings and gorgonzola steps in for blue cheese in this seafood version of the Buffalo classic.
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 (6-ounce) carton plain yogurt
3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Dash pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 to 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- For Dip: In blender, combine dip ingredients; mix until slightly chunky. Pour into serving dish and chill.
- For Marinade: In blender, combine marinade ingredients; mix until smooth. Pour over shrimp; cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp and save marinade.
- Broil shrimp, or grill over hot coals, for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through, turning once and basting with marinade.
- Remove shrimp from pan or grill; serve immediately with dip.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.