Cheddar Olive Pops
Irresistible bites of hot and crispy cheesy pastry wrapped around pimiento-stuffed green olives.
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
25 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In large bowl, blend together cheese and butter with electric mixer. Add flour and paprika; mix well.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture around each olive, dipping hands in flour, if necessary, to prevent sticking. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.
Makes 25 olive pops.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.