Cheddar Pecan Spread
Your family and guests will enjoy this delicious cheddar cheese and pecan appetizer spread.
1/2 package (4-ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
8-ounces sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups shredded)
1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, roasted
3 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with assorted vegetables and crackers.
Makes 16 servings (2 tablespoons each).
- Ingredients can be combined in a food processor; process until nuts are finely chopped.
- Flavor of spread improves if made 1 to 2 days in advance.
- This spread can be refrigerated up to 3 weeks.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.