Cheddar Scones with Smoked Turkey
Savory cheddar scones filled with sliced smoked turkey make simple, yet delicious appetizer sandwiches. For a simple flavor variation, use a spread made with cream cheese and fruit preserves or cranberry sauce.
4 cups biscuit mix
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese
Smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, eggs, butter and cheese; mix until ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 400°F (205°C) or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
- To serve, slice scones in half and fill with small slice of turkey.
- Arrange on serving tray.
Makes 32 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.