These homemade cheese crackers make great party food when served with dipping sauces such salsa or marinara sauce. They are also with soups and stews.
1 (10-ounce) package Classic Recipes Welsh Rarebit, defrosted according to package directions
1 (11-ounce) package pie pastry mix
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons poppy seeds or sesame seeds, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine Welsh rarebit, pie pastry mix and onion powder in a medium bowl.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1 1/2 x 1/2-inch strips.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 18 cheese pastries.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.