Mini bagel halves are topped with a fluffy cheese, nut and bacon mixture and broiled until bubbly.
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or Monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup sour cream
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 (11-ounce) package frozen miniature bagels, thawed, split, and toasted
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Combine the cheeses, nuts, bacon, mayonnaise, onions, and sour cream; mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Spread the mixture on the bagel halves.
- Place the bagels on a baking sheet.
- Broil until bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Makes 20 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.