These cheese filled miniature turnovers are sure to be the hit of the party.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Medium-Aged Brick cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1/2 cup sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, butter and cream cheese until well-blended.
- Shape soft dough into a flat ball. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- To make filling, combine eggs, cheese, onion, coriander and salt until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out 36 rounds using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Re-roll dough if necessary.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each round. Fold in half and seal edges with a fork. Brush tops with egg white and dip in sesame seeds.
- Arrange on lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool.
Makes 36 miniature turnovers.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.