Cherry Almond Brie
Transform a simple wheel of brie into something beautiful — just add cherry pie filling, almond liqueur and spices.
1 wheel (15-ounce) Brie
1 (21-ounce) can COMSTOCK® or WILDERNESS® More Fruit Cherry Filling
1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 loaf French bread cut into thin slices or assorted crackers
- Remove Brie from its wrappers and cut in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie on a large microwave safe serving plate. (Make certain that the plate fits in your microwave)
- In medium mixing bowl, combine cherry fruit filling, Amaretto, cardamom, lemon zest and sliced almonds. Place one third filling mixture on Brie circle.
- Top with remaining Brie half and another one third filling mixture.
- Microwave the Brie for 1 to 2 minutes or until the Brie is warm and starts to melt.
- Place the remaining filling in a bowl and serve the Brie with French bread slices or crackers.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Comstock® Wilderness®, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.