Chocolate-Butterscotch Dipped Apple Slices
An easy sweet treat that's perfect for fall parties.
4 large-sized tart apples
1 (10-ounce) package butterscotch chips
6 teaspoons vegetable shortening - divided use (do not use butter, margarine or oil)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Wash apples; dry thoroughly. Remove core from apples; cut each apple into 8 slices. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Place butterscotch chips and 4 teaspoons shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until chips are melted when stirred.
- With fork, dip each slice completely into mixture. Tap fork and gently shake to remove excess; place slices on prepared cookie sheet. (If coating begins to thicken, reheat in microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds to thin.)
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
- With tines of a fork, drizzle chocolate over top of apple slices.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 32 apple slices.