Coconut Curry Cashew Popcorn
For a unique twist on candied popcorn try this one flavored with honey and curry powder and laced with flakes of coconut and buttery cashews.
10 cups popped popcorn
2 cups cashews
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon mild curry powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place popcorn, cashews and coconut in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat butter, sugar and honey in a medium saucepan. Stir mixture over medium heat until it begins to boil. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in curry powder and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture in bowl and stir until evenly coated. Pour mixture onto a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. Stir mixture a few times as it cools on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 10 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.