Crab Cakes with Greek Yogurt Sauce
Crispy crab cakes served with a lemony fresh herb and red bell pepper yogurt sauce.
1 cup cracker meal
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup lactose-free low-fat dairy milk
12 ounces lump crab
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (or alternative seafood seasoning substitute)
3 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
4 tablespoons olive oil separated into 2 tablespoons
Greek Yogurt Sauce:
2/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine crackers, egg and lactose-free dairy milk.
- Add all other ingredients except for crab.
- Add crab, gently to not break up the lumps.
- Form 8, 3-inch patties, 2-inches high.
- In a sauté pan, heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Fry patties in 2 batches for 3 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For sauce, mix all ingredients to combine, serve with crab cakes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Dairy Council.