Cranberry Brie Appetzer Bites
Easy, delicious and elegant, entertaining with flair and good taste is simple when you serve these delightful appetizers.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/4 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
25 (3 1/4-inch) square wonton wrappers
1 (8-ounce) Brie round, cut into 24 (3/4-inch) cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray 24 miniature-muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and peel.
- Press 1 wonton wrapper gently into each muffin cup, allowing ends to extend above. Spray edges of wonton wrappers with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms of cups are beginning to brown.
- Place 1 cube of Brie in each cup; place sheet of aluminum foil over each pan to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until Brie is soft.
- Remove from oven; top each with about 1 teaspoon cranberry mixture.
Makes 24 appetizers.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 appetizer): Cal 65 (3%DV), Fat Cal. 18, Pro. 3g (5%DV), Carb. 7g (2%DV), Fat 3g (4%DV), Chol. 10mg (3%DV), Sod. 105mg (4%DV), Vit. A 18RE (1%DV), Vit. C >1mg (0%DV), Vit. E >1mg (0%DV), Calcium 21mg (2%DV), Iron >1mg (2%DV), Folate 13Ug (3%DV), Zinc <1mg (2%DV), Pot. 26mg (1%DV), Dietary Exchange: Starch 0.5, Fat 0.5
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.