This savory cranberry sauce is simply scrumptious spread atop toasty slices of bread, and also goes well as an accompaniment with meats such as poultry and pork.
1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread
Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine cranberries, sugar and red wine vinegar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add onion and garlic, return to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Pour into a glass bowl. Stir in basil and oregano. Cool at room temperature.
- Cut bread diagonally into 16 (3/4-inch) slices; brush both sides with oil.
- Broil each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with cranberry mixture.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.