Cranberry Pork Pillows
A tasteful appetizer treat with puff pastry elegance.
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (8.5-ounce) jar CROSSE & BLACKWELL® Apple Curry Chutney
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puffed pastry sheets, thawed
1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine pork and onion in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to break apart pork, for 4 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chutney, cheese, sage and salt.
- Roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface to form a 12-inch-square.
- While leaving a 1/2-inch border, arrange tablespoonfuls of pork filling on one pastry sheet, spacing each mound about 3-inches apart.
- Lay remaining pastry sheet even over filling. Press down between mounds of filling to seal pastry and gently push out any pockets of air.
- With fluted pasta wheel or chef's knife, evenly trim edges of pastry square. Slice between mounds, making 3-inch squares.
- Brush tops with egg.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.