Cream Cheese, Shiitake and Pistachio Terrine
Serve this lovely shiitake and pistachio cream cheese terrine chilled or at room temperature.
8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, minced
12 ounces button mushrooms, minced
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced shallots or onions
1/2 teaspoon sage
3/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (8-ounce) package Wisconsin Cream Cheese
1 large egg
1 cup bread crumbs
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil; Briefly sauté garlic and shallots. Add mushrooms, sage, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates. Place cooked mushroom mixture in a bowl to cool slightly.
- In a blender, purée the cheese and eggs.
- Add the cheese mixture to the mushroom mixture. Add the bread crumbs, soy sauce and pistachios; mix well.
- Place into an oiled terrine pan or small loaf pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; bake approximately 15 minutes more, until set.
- Remove terrine only after pans have cooled.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.