Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries & Snacks
Chocolate-dipped strawberries and salty snack foods make a great treat for all to enjoy! Pretzels, rippled potato chips, bite-size fresh fruit, dried fruit, large marshmallows, cut-up pound cake and nuts can also be used for dipping.
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
Fresh strawberries (rinsed and patted dry), pretzels, rippled potato chips and/or cookies*
Assorted sprinkles, finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If morsels retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Dip strawberries (by stem or leaves) or snacks into melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- If you are using sprinkles or nuts, sprinkle them on when the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
Makes 1 cup dip.
*Assorted bite-size fresh fruit rinsed and patted dry, dried fruit, large marshmallows, cut-up pound cake and nuts can also be used for dipping.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.