Deviled eggs are a classic hors d'oeuvre that guests always go for.
6 hard-cooked eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- With 6 eggs brought up to room temperature add them to a small pot of cold water, covering the eggs by about 2 inches of water.
- Keep the water at a simmer. Cook the eggs for 7 to 9 minutes. Once they are done, run the cooked eggs under cold water.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Wipe your knife with a damp towel between each cut to make a clean cut.
- Set the whites aside on a contoured egg serving tray if you have one.
- Mash the yolks with Hellmann's Mayonnaise (Best Foods on the west coast), mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refill the whites using about a tablespoon of the yolk mixture for each egg half.
- Finish them off by garnishing with chives and a sprinkle of paprika.
Makes 12 deviled egg appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.