Easy Baked Picadillo Empanadas
These easy picadillo empanadas are a real crowd pleaser and full of terrific flavors. Chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives, finely chopped green bell peppers, potatoes and raisins add to the great flavor dimensions in these tasty treats.
24 (two 11.6-ounce packages) frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
1 pound lean ground beef
1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Tablet, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
1/2 cup raisins
1 (3.98-ounce) packet MAGGI Sofrito Seasoning Paste (tomato, garlic, onion)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease two large baking sheets.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, bouillon and cumin. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper, potato, olives, raisins and sofrito. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through and has thickened slightly.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons beef mixture in center of each pastry disc. Wet edges with water; fold in half and crimp edges with fork.
- Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Makes 24 empanadas.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 180 Total Fat: 20 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 220 mg Carbohydrates: 29 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 0 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.