Favorite Deviled Eggs
Festively garnished deviled eggs make easy, make-ahead appetizers for holiday parties.
6 large hard-boiled eggs*
1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet or dill pickle relish
Suggested Garnishes: Pimento strips, chopped bell pepper and/or sliced pimento stuffed olives
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Place yolks in 1-quart plastic bag. Place remaining ingredients in bag with yolks. Press out air. Seal bag. Knead bag until filling mixture is thoroughly mixed and blended.
- Push filling toward corner of bag. Snip about 1/2-inch off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag gently and fill reserved whites with the yolk filling.
- Use pimento strips, chopped bell pepper or pimento stuffed olives to garnish tops of deviled eggs for holiday parties. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 deviled egg halves.
*Place eggs in single layer in sauce pan. Add water to cover eggs at least 1-inch. Cover and bring to boiling. Turn off heat. Let eggs stand, covered, 15 minutes for large eggs. Immediately drain and run cold water over eggs until completely cooled.
- May also sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Another way to mix deviled egg mixture is to place ingredients in a small bowl and mash with a fine grate potato masher.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 49; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 106mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 97mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.