Fruited Brie Bake
A warm, fruity brie cheese appetizer filled with whole cranberry sauce and topped with a glistening glaze of apricot preserves and crunchy sliced almonds. Serve with butter crackers.
1 (15-ounce) wheel Brie cheese
1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Slice off the top 1/4-inch of the Brie wheel; set aside. Hollow out the center of the cheese, leaving a 1-inch shell all around. Place in an ovenproof serving container slightly larger than cheese. Save left over cheese for another use.
- Break up cranberry sauce with a fork and place in center of cheese. Cover with top of cheese.
- Spoon apricot preserves over top; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft and slightly melted.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Cal 253, Fat Cal. 135, Pro. 11g, Carb. 20g, Fat 15g, Chol. 53mg, Sod. 351mg, Vit. A 97RE, Vit. C 2mg, Vit. E <1mg (1%DV), Calcium 102mg (10%DV), Iron <1mg, Folate 41Ug, Zinc 1mg, Pot. 96mg
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1.5, Meat 1.5, Fat 2
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.