Goat Cheese Kisses
This tasty appetizer (or snack) is as quick and easy a 1-2-3! Simply form the goat cheese around a piece of dried apricot or fig into a ball and roll in finely chopped pistachios.
3 tablespoons shelled pistachios, finely chopped
6 ounces creamy goat cheese
6 dried apricots or dried figs, each cut into quarters
- Line a plate or small tray with wax paper.
- Place nuts in a shallow dish.
- Scoop a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of goat cheese and press a piece of dried apricot (or fig) into the center.
- Wrap the cheese around the dried fruit to form a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped nuts to create a crust; set on the plate or tray.
- Repeat with remaining goat cheese, dried fruit and nuts.
Makes 2 dozen (24) pieces.
Nutrititional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories 28, Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 1g, Monounsaturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 26mg, Potassium 23mg, Carbohydrates 1g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 1g
Recipe provided courtesy of EatingWell; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.