Grilled Buffalo Wings
Buffalo wings are a great appetizer anytime of the year, but they're especially tasty hot off the grill!
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 green onion, finely chopped
3 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 pounds chicken wings
1/4 cup butter
4 tablespoons hot sauce
Salt to taste
Celery and carrot sticks
- To prepare the blue-cheese dipping sauce to a small bowl add sour cream, blue cheese, mayonnaise, green onion, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and stir.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Separate the chicken wings at the joint and remove the tips, then add to a bowl.
- To the wings add olive oil and season with salt.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 30 minutes.
- To make a buffalo sauce to a bowl add melted butter, hot sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons of cider vinegar and salt, then mix.
- Add cooked wings and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce and celery and carrot sticks.
Makes about 40 appetizers.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.