Grilled Clams and Mussels
A terrific appetizer to serve at an outdoor barbecue.
Foil roasting pan
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
2 dozen little necks, scrubbed
2/3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Clean and de-beard mussels and clean clams.
- Place foil roasting pan on grill and add butter, garlic, shallots, dry white wine, and crushed red peppers and stir.
- Now add mussels and clams in an even layer.
- Cook until mussels and clams open, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes ? appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.