Honey Picante Chicken Wings
These scrumptious, honey-picante sauce glazed chicken wings are sure to become a favorite party finger food.
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup prepared picante sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Microwave honey in a 1-quart microwave-safe measure at HIGH (100%) 4 to 5 minutes or until honey boils and thickens.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken wings; microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut wings in half at joint; arrange wings in shallow baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes.
- Raise temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Turn each chicken piece, brush generously with honey sauce and bake 45 minutes longer or until glazed and completely cooked, turning chicken and brushing with sauce every 15 minutes.
Makes 24 to 30 servings.
Nutritional Infomation Per Serving (1 wing): 118 Calories; 6 g Fat Total; 9 g Protein; 26 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Carbohydrates; 152 mg Sodium; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 50% Calories from Fat
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Honey Board.