Hot Crab Dip
Baked inside a hollowed-out round loaf of bread, this is a delicious and eye-appealing dip.
2 (8-ounce each) packages soft cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 (6-ounce each) cans of crab meat, drained
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 loaf of round bread, any flavor
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Paprika for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 12 x 8-inch square baking dish; set side.
- Combine the cream cheese and milk; add Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, horseradish, mustard, garlic powder and pepper mixing well. Stir in the crab meat, green onions and almonds. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Discard the insides or save for another use.
- Remove crab mixture from oven and spoon into hollowed bread. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and paprika. Place the bread bowl on a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with an assortment of crackers.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Tip: If desired, bake the top of bread along side the bowl and then lean it on the bread bowl for presentation.