Hot Cheddary Spinach Dunk
Serve at your next party or indulge your family and friends with something different.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen Welsh rarebit
1 (9-ounce) package creamed spinach, prepared according to package directions
1 (16-ounce) round bread loaf
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 strips bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut top third off bread. Remove soft bread from inside, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut top crust and soft bread into bite-size pieces. Place bread shell on baking sheet.
- Prepare Welsh rarebit according to package directions, thoroughly stirring in flour halfway through heating time.
- Combine Welsh rarebit, creamed spinach, bacon, water chestnuts, mustard and pepper in medium bowl; place in bread shell. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve hot with bread pieces for dipping.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.