Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip
Serve hot and spicy cheesy spinach dip with crackers and/or crudités.
1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chili peppers
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped jalapeños
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
8 tablespoons (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 3/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté the chiles, jalapeños, and onions in oil over medium heat, 4 minutes or until soft. Add the tomatoes, and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; reserve.
- On medium speed, blend the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the half-and-half and the vinegar; continue mixing until thoroughly blended.
- On low speed, gradually add the spinach and cheddar cheese, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the reserved chile mixture.
- To serve, spoon the dip into ovenproof ramekins.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until warm. Serve with crackers and/or crudités.
Makes 2 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.