Lime Pickle Popcorn Snack Mix
This tangy, addictive popcorn snack will make you pucker up and want more — one bite after another.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon dill pickle brine or white vinegar
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds: cover and cook about 1 to 2 minutes or just until the seeds stop popping (be careful not to burn seeds).
- Reduce heat and stir in lime juice, pickle brine, pepper, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in popcorn until well coated.
- Serve immediately or spread popcorn mixture on sheets of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 3 quarts; 12 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.