Lip-Smackin' Citrus Wings
Expect these zesty hot wings to fly off the appetizer table!
1 cup Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Citrus Mango Pineapple
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
3 pounds chicken drummies and wingettes
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In 2-cup measure, stir together juice, sugar, soy sauce, pepper flakes, garlic and gingerroot. Place chicken in gallon-sized heavy resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over chicken and seal. Refrigerate chicken mixture 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally to keep chicken coated in marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade; place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; drain off accumulated juices and turn chicken. Increase temperature to 425°F (220°C). Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink and chicken is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 15 to 25 minutes until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup and slightly thickened.
- When chicken is done, place chicken in large bowl. Drizzle reduced marinade over chicken. Stir until chicken is coated. Place on serving platter; sprinkle with green onions.
Makes 8 servings (about 3 wings each).
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.