Marvelous Mushroom Devils
Deviled eggs with chopped mushrooms.
6 hard-cooked large eggs
1/4 cup low-fat dairy sour cream or plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced green onions with tops
Fresh mushroom slices, optional
Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with fork.
- Blend in sour cream and seasonings.
- Gently stir in mushrooms and onions.
- Refill whites using about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half.
- Garnish with mushroom slices and dill sprigs, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).