Mexi Beef & Bean Dip
Lean ground beef, chunky salsa, refried beans, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, black olives and green onions are combined to make a tasty dip that goes well with tortilla or corn chips.
1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup prepared chunky salsa
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Sour cream, (optional)
Tortilla or corn chips
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir salsa into beef. Add refried beans, mixing well; cook 5 minutes to heat through. Spread onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in a 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 10 minutes or microwave on HIGH 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Arrange tomato over cheese; sprinkle with olives and green onions. Top with sour cream if desired.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.