Nestle® Toll House® Spicy Party Mix
Salty, sweet and spicy best describes this enticingly delicious party mix. This exotic snack mix features oven-crisped pecan halves, chunks of semisweet chocolate and dried cranberries seasoned with the essence of vanilla bean and a flurry of curry-typical spices.
1 1/2 quarts water
1 pound pecan halves
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
1 vanilla bean (optional)
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
2 cups pretzel nuggets
1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Pour nuts into boiling water. Boil for 1 minute; strain. Pour nuts into large bowl. Add sugar and oil; stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise and with edge of knife, scrape inside of bean into a large bowl. Add spices to bowl; combine well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Bake nuts, stirring often, for 30 to 35 minutes or until nuts are light brown and crisp. While still warm, carefully pour nuts into spice mixture and toss.
- Spread spiced nuts in a single layer on clean, large baking sheet with sides. Cool completely.
- Pour cooled nuts into large bowl. Add pretzel nuggets, chunks and cranberries; mix well.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 10 cups or 40 (1/3-cup) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/40 of recipe): Calories: 140 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 75 mg Carbohydrates: 13 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 10 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.