Olive, Pesto and Bruschetta Cheese Torta
This sophisticated and festive layered appetizer torta (torte) is perfect to serve at your next gathering. Made with pesto, bruschetta topping and a delightful blend of cheeses and basil, this appealing appetizer will make you a star.
1/3 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
1 (14-ounce) container refrigerated bruschetta
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (5.5-ounce) package soft goat cheese, at room temperature
Shredded fresh basil
Crackers for accompaniment
- Place pesto in a strainer set over a bowl. Let oil drain for 15 minutes; discard oil. Place bruschetta in a strainer set over a bowl. Let juice drain for 15 minutes. Using back of spoon, gently press tomatoes to remove any remaining juice; discard juice.
- Combine olives and garlic in small bowl. Place cream cheese and goat cheese in large mixer bowl. Beat until fluffy.
- Line 1-quart bowl with 2 sheets of plastic wrap that are large enough to allow a generous overhang on all sides of the bowl and covers all of the inside surface of the bowl.
- Spread about 1/3 cup cheese mixture evenly over bottom of prepared bowl. Top with all of olive mixture, spreading evenly. Drop 1/2 cup cheese mixture by spoonfuls over olive mixture and spread gently to cover olives. Top with pesto, spreading evenly. Drop 1/2 cup cheese mixture by spoonfuls over pesto and spread gently to cover pesto. Top with bruschetta, spreading evenly. Drop remaining cheese mixture over bruschetta and spread gently to cover bruschetta. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- To Serve: Remove plastic wrap from top of bowl and invert serving plate over bowl. Turn over and remove bowl; peel off remaining plastic wrap. Top may be smoothed with a knife before serving. Top with basil. Serve with crackers.
Makes 16 appetizer servings.
Tip: For easier assembly, each layer may be chilled for about 15 minutes before adding next layer.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 150 Total Fat: 17 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 370 mg Carbohydrates: 10 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 2 g Protein: 6 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.