Orange Jalapeño Chicken Party Pinwheels
Served with a refreshing grapefruit salsa, these zesty pinwheels are sure to delight.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon jalapeno chilies, chopped
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
4 baked or grilled chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
1 avocado, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach, cut in very thin strips
For Grapefruit Salsa
1 cup pink Florida grapefruit, sectioned
1 cup white Florida grapefruit, sectioned
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili sauce
2 drops Tabasco sauce
Black pepper, Lawry's seasoning salt, and rum to taste
- Mix softened cream cheese with jalapeno chiles, orange marmalade, green onions and parsley.
- Spread mixture on middle of flour tortillas, making sure to leave at least 1/2 inch around edge.
- Top with several thin chicken strips.
- Top with avocado and shredded spinach.
- Top with dollop of salsa.
- Roll tortillas and refrigerate until chilled (approximately 4 hours).
- Cut tortillas into 1 inch slices.
- Arrange on plate and garnish with Florida citrus fruit.
Makes approximately 48 pinwheels.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Florida Citrus Commission.